- RSS Channel Showcase 2828188
- RSS Channel Showcase 2337245
- RSS Channel Showcase 4765410
- RSS Channel Showcase 5066594
Articles on this Page
- 02/12/18--17:58: _Wichita Falls leade...
- 02/12/18--22:04: _New voting method f...
- 02/13/18--06:14: _City unveils new fo...
- 02/13/18--12:31: _Wichita Falls woman...
- 02/13/18--17:39: _Breakdown of WF bon...
- 02/13/18--22:15: _Deceiving new devic...
- 02/14/18--02:54: _Robot allows injure...
- 02/14/18--07:49: _WFPD arrest Carter'...
- 02/14/18--17:22: _Break down of possi...
- 02/14/18--22:01: _Jewelry store offer...
- 02/15/18--15:55: _Authorities dig for...
- 02/15/18--22:15: _WF amateur radio so...
- 02/16/18--11:59: _DPS offices will be...
- 02/16/18--14:10: _WFPD confirm suspec...
- 02/16/18--14:10: _Alleged dine and da...
- 02/16/18--18:35: _ Wichita Falls res...
- 02/16/18--20:36: _Patterson Honda in ...
- 02/12/18--17:58: Wichita Falls leaders discuss $131 million bond proposal
- 02/12/18--22:04: New voting method for upcoming WF bond election
- 02/13/18--06:14: City unveils new four-way stop signs downtown
- 02/13/18--12:31: Wichita Falls woman arrested for another DWI
- 02/13/18--17:39: Breakdown of WF bond election to be held in May
- 02/13/18--22:15: Deceiving new device leads to teens vaping in class
- 02/14/18--02:54: Robot allows injured student to attend class
- 02/14/18--07:49: WFPD arrest Carter's aggravated robbery suspect
- 02/14/18--17:22: Break down of possibly related Texoma robberies
- 02/14/18--22:01: Jewelry store offers free gun with the purchase of a ring
- 02/15/18--22:15: WF amateur radio society looks to add millennials
- 02/16/18--11:59: DPS offices will be closed Monday
- 02/16/18--14:10: WFPD confirm suspect in Legend Bank robbery
- 02/16/18--14:10: Alleged dine and dash ends with robbery charge
- 02/16/18--18:35: Wichita Falls residents can vote on a street maintenance bond.
- 02/16/18--20:36: Patterson Honda in Wichita Falls has received a prestigious award.
On Tuesday, the Wichita Falls City Council will meet in a special session to vote on calling a bond election on May 5. Some of the projects include new trails, extending the circle trail, a new boardwalk and Veterans Memorial Plaza at Lake Wichita, street improvements, MPEC improvements, a new municipal complex that includes city hall, police, and fire, as well as improvements to the downtown streetscape and a splash pad.
For people like Wichita Falls resident Cynthia Peterson, voting on an all-inclusive bond referendum feels like being backed into a corner, "There was a lot of times I found that I voted against it since I couldn't pick what I wanted out of it." Wichita Falls' Mayor Santellana said, "It gives our citizens options when it comes to the proposition style that we're doing.
"It is more of the foot traffic," said Brandice Snomuden who likes to walk around downtown. "You are taking your life in your hands when you're crossing the street."
According to WFPD, around 6:37 p.m. officers were called out to the 2800 block of Avenue K for an accident. Witnesses said the driver of a black Volvo was speeding eastbound on Avenue K when the vehicle hit a dip and went airborne.
It is now official. The city of Wichita Falls will hold it's first bond election in 17 years.
Using traditional cigarettes is on the decline, and e-cigarette usage is on the increase according to Wichita Falls health educators. Ways to hide vaping are also on the increase, and a new device is making it easier for teens to vape at school.
One high school student in Wichita Falls is getting the opportunity to attend class from home with the help of robotics. Last year, Rider High School sophomore, Riley Pruit was injured and she was completely homebound from October 2017 to January of this year.
"On Tuesday, February 13th at approximately 5:45 am Detectives with the Wichita Falls Police Department, in cooperation with The FBI, Texas Rangers, Tarrant County Sherriff's Office and the Dallas Police Department SWAT Team, executed a search warrant in the 400 block of Isbell Ct. in Ft Worth, Texas. During the search, 57-year-old Wayne Alan Watson was located and arrested on an aggravated robbery warrant.
Police say on November 29th Watson went into Carter's, a children's clothing store in Wichita Falls, pulled out a gun and demanded money. On Wednesday Denison police told Newschannel 6 they are looking at Watson as a possible suspect in a robbery in Denison late last year.
For Valentine's Day, people may give or receive heartfelt, romantic gifts. Others spend time with friends.
Dig this: Authorities are scratching their heads after the apparent theft of a 2009 Caterpillar excavator from a ranch near Holiday, west of Wichita Falls in Archer County. The Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association Special Rangers are wondering who could be hiding the 30-foot-long, 12-foot-high excavator, model 320DL, thought to have been swiped sometime overnight between Wednesday and Thursday.
The Wichita Falls Amateur Radio Society says people should still look to amateur radio operators in the event of an emergency, even when everyone can get instant updates on their mobile devices. During emergencies, cell towers tend to get over crowded.
The Department of Public Safety wants to remind the public that its offices will be closed in observance of Presidents Day.
The Wichita Falls Police Department has confirmed the man arrested for the Carter's robbery in Wichita Falls is also the suspect in multiple bank robberies in across Texas including the Legend Bank robbery in Wichita Falls. Wayne Alan Watson, 57, is believed to be the suspect in the January 17 armed robbery of the Legend Bank branch at Kemp and Kell.
It stems from an incident on February 2, 2018, at the China Star restaurant in Wichita Falls. According to the arrest warrant, Justin Lee Cox, 32, ate the lunch buffet valued at $ 10.80.
Proposition-3 will invest more than $17 million for street maintenance and $11 million of that bond money would be used for maintaining and repairing city streets and roads. "It's necessary to fix the roads," Robin Hallford a Wichita Falls resident said.
"The Honda President's Award recognizes dealers who honor their relationship with our customers by achieving excellence throughout their sales and service operations, and Patterson Honda does just that," said Henio Arcangeli, Jr., senior vice president of the Automobile Division for American Honda. To receive the award, the dealership had to meet all award criteria and fully achieve its new-vehicle sales objectives.